- brings awareness to the hip joints
- stretches the groin and spine
- promotes relaxation and happiness
Practicing Happy Baby Pose:
Do not include this pose in your practice if you have a neck or knee injury or if you are pregnant. Warm up for this pose by enjoying child’s pose and hero pose. After relaxing into happy baby pose, follow up with downward dog pose.
- Begin by laying on your yoga mat with your back supported by the ground
- Exhale your knees to your belly
- Inhaling, place your hands on the outsides of your feet and widen your knees before raising them up to your armpits
- Place both of your ankles above your knees so that your shins become perpendicular to the ground
- Flexing through yours heels, push your feet into your hands while you pull your hands toward the ground
This pose is beneficial for runners and non-runners alike.
I haven’t been posting as much recently because I have been focused on spending time with my HAPPY BABY (she is 8 weeks old today)
Thanks for reading & have a great day!